Joint Press statement of the Government of the people's Republic of China and the Government of the Kingdom
Joint Press statement of the Government of the people's Republic of China and the Government of the Kingdom
(Bangkok, 5 November 2019)
At the invitation of Prime Minister Prayuth of the Kingdom of Thailand, Premier Li Keqiang of the State Council of the people's Republic of China attended a series of East Asian cooperation leaders' meetings and paid an official visit to Thailand from November 2 to 5, 2019.
During the visit, Prime Minister Li Keqiang met with Prime Minister Prayucha at the Prime Minister's Office of Thailand and Chuan Lippai, Chairman of Parliament and Speaker of the House of Commons, at the Parliament Building.
The two sides believe that in the context of the continuous evolution of the regional and international situation, the visit is another important milestone in the development of the comprehensive strategic cooperative partnership between the two countries and points out the direction for the future development of bilateral relations.
The two sides agreed that 2019 will be of great significance to both China and Thailand. Prime Minister Prayuth congratulated the 70th anniversary of the founding of the people's Republic of China and congratulated the Communist Party of China on its remarkable achievements in leading the country's. I wish the Chinese people the smooth realization of the "two hundred years" goal and the great rejuvenation of the Chinese nation, Chinese Dream. Prime Minister Li Keqiang congratulated the Kingdom of Thailand and the Thai people on the successful coronation of his Majesty King Vajiralongkorn, congratulated Prime Minister Prayuth on his successful re-election, and supported the efforts of the Thai Government to achieve political stability, economic development and improvement of people's livelihood. I wish Thailand to achieve the objectives of the National Development Strategic Plan (2019-2038) as scheduled. The two sides agreed that the award of the "Medal of Friendship" by the Chinese Government to her Royal Highness Princess Sirindhorn on the occasion of the 70th anniversary of the founding of the people's Republic of China is an important embodiment of the
The two sides are satisfied with the active development momentum of bilateral relations. He agreed to make good use of the bilateral cooperation mechanism platforms such as the Sino-Thai Joint Committee on Economic and Trade Cooperation, the Strategic Dialogue, the Defense Security consultation, the Joint Committee on Scientific and technological Cooperation, the Joint Committee on Railway Cooperation, and the Ministerial Dialogue on Digital economy Cooperation to further deepen and expand relevant cooperation. The two sides attach great importance to speeding up the implementation of the joint action plan for strategic cooperation between the Chinese and Thai governments (2017-2021) and achieving visual results.
The two sides agreed that in the context of world economic fluctuations, promoting connectivity between China and Thailand through the framework of economic cooperation and infrastructure connectivity is crucial and conducive to the development and prosperity of the two countries, subregions and regions.
Politics and security
The two sides agreed to respect each other's path of national development, strengthen the exchange of experiences and practices in governing the country, and provide understanding and support on issues involving each other's core interests and major concerns. The Thai side reiterated that it will continue to support the one-China principle and fully support the peaceful development of cross-strait relations and the great cause of China's peaceful reunification. The Thai side also reiterated its support for China's principle of "one country, two systems."
The two sides welcomed the close exchanges between the governments, parliaments, political parties, military and local governments of the two countries, and supported the two sides to continue to strengthen exchanges and contribute to the development of relations between the two countries in various fields.
The two sides affirmed the close defense cooperation relationship established by the defense ministries and armed forces of the two countries through joint training, personnel training, national defense industry cooperation and multilateral security cooperation.
The two sides agreed to continue to promote law enforcement cooperation and strengthen cooperation in the fields of eradicating drug trafficking, combating transnational crime, countering terrorism, cutting off terrorist funds and anti-money laundering.
Economy, trade, investment and tourism
11. The two sides are satisfied with the progress of cooperation between the two countries under the framework of the Memorandum of understanding between the Government of the people's Republic of China and the Government of the Kingdom of Thailand on jointly promoting the Construction of "Belt and Road Initiative." Agreed to build the China-Thailand Railway into a successful model of high-quality "Belt and Road Initiative" cooperation between the two countries, speed up the implementation of the Memorandum of Cooperation on the Langkai-Vientiane Railway Link, and speed up the connection of the China-Laotai Railway. To explore mutually beneficial cooperation and promote regional connectivity and development under the framework of the "New Land and Sea Channel".
The two sides agreed to strengthen coordination and cooperation to raise the level of trade facilitation between the two countries and promote mutual benefit and win-win results. The two sides will implement the memorandum of understanding between the two governments on trade cooperation in agricultural products, seize the development opportunities of e-commerce and other new business type, and promote the sustainable development of trade. China welcomes Thailand as the guest of honor to attend the second session of China International Import Expo to be held in Shanghai in November 2019.
The two sides agreed to strengthen cooperation between Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macau Greater Bay Area and Thailand's "Eastern Economic Corridor" (EEC), explore the possibility of establishing a relevant cooperation mechanism, and promote the construction of connectivity between the two regions and the wider region to achieve substantive results.
14. The two sides agreed to promote the in-depth docking of industrial planning policies and continue to expand production capacity cooperation based on cooperation platforms such as the China-Tai Luoyong Industrial Park, especially to make good use of Thailand's strategic position as the meeting point of supply chain and logistics chain in the Mekong River Basin. We will strengthen mutually beneficial cooperation in the next generation of cars, high-tech medical equipment, new energy, energy-saving vehicles, rubber and other advantageous industries to build industrial clusters. Thailand welcomes Chinese enterprises to increase investment in the "eastern economic corridor" (EEC). The two sides agreed to expand EEC's tripartite cooperation, arguing that the concept would serve as a model for promoting similar cooperation for the benefit of a wider region.
The two sides agreed to further deepen cooperation in the financial field, support the expansion of the use of local currencies in trade and investment, promote the networking of financial institutions and financial services, and earnestly strengthen cross-border regulatory cooperation.
The two sides expressed satisfaction with the increase in the number of tourists between the two countries. The leaders of the two countries agreed to strengthen tourism cooperation and promote personnel exchanges. The two sides will further strengthen tourism market supervision and safety cooperation, effectively ensure the safety of tourists, promote the double growth of the number of tourists and tourism quality between the two countries, promote the sustainable development of tourism, and explore the development of tourism supporting industries.
Science, technology and innovation
The two sides agreed that innovation and cooperation is the highlight of the joint construction of "Belt and Road Initiative" between the two countries. The two sides will promote the development of communications technology, open innovation centers, high-tech industrial parks, technology transfer centers, and other projects. We will strengthen cooperation in the areas of digital economy, smart cities, converged applications of communications technologies, software and IT services, connectivity of communications infrastructure, industrial digital transformation, network security, cloud computing and artificial intelligence. The two sides agreed to build the Digital Silk Road.
The two sides will continue to promote cooperation in science, technology and innovation through joint research and development, exchanges of experts, scholars and researchers, and technology transfer, so as to promote economic and social prosperity and sustainable development between the two countries. The two sides agreed to explore cooperation in the fields of biology, green circular economy and cutting-edge science and technology.
Education and Humanities
19. The two sides expressed satisfaction with the cooperation under the framework of the current memorandum of understanding on educational cooperation, and agreed to strengthen educational cooperation at all levels and in all fields through joint schools, special exchanges, academic exchanges and long-distance teaching. To provide talent and intellectual support for the development and construction of the two countries.
The two sides agreed to promote the implementation of the implementation Plan of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the people's Republic of China and the Ministry of Culture of the Kingdom of Thailand for the period 2019-2021 and to explore the joint organization of cultural activities next year to celebrate the 45th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
21. The two sides agreed to strengthen cooperation in the media and information fields to promote people-to-people exchanges and the development of the media industry through the exchange of media exchanges, news and documentary exchanges, and the organization of forums and festivals.
Regional and international cooperation
22. China appreciates Thailand's contribution to promoting China-ASEAN relations and East Asian cooperation by assuming the rotating chairmanship of ASEAN this year, and congratulates Thailand on successfully hosting a series of East Asian cooperation leaders' meetings.
23. The two sides expressed satisfaction with the continued strong, sound and mutually beneficial China-ASEAN relations and will work together to ensure that the China-ASEAN strategic partnership remains dynamic. To become one of the key pillars of peace, stability, prosperity and sustainable development in the region. The two sides will continue to strengthen the ASEAN-centered regional framework through existing ASEAN leadership mechanisms, such as ASEAN and China, Japan and South Korea, the East Asia Summit, the ASEAN Regional Forum and the expanded ASEAN Defense Ministers' meeting. The two sides welcome the continued in-depth docking of the "Belt and Road Initiative" initiative and the "Master Plan for ASEAN Connectivity 2025" to promote "connectivity and reconnectivity" and jointly build the China-ASEAN Blue Economic Partnership.
24. The two sides agreed to strengthen cooperation under the regional and subregional frameworks of China-ASEAN, Lancang-Mekong River Cooperation and the three River Basin Economic Cooperation Strategy. Thailand welcomes China as the first development partner of the Sanhe River Basin Economic Cooperation Strategy. The two sides agreed that the Lancang-Mekong River cooperation and the economic cooperation strategy of the three River basins are essentially complementary.
25. The two sides support the efforts of all parties to fully and effectively implement the Declaration of Conduct of parties in the South China Sea and to reach a substantive Code of Conduct in the South China Sea by the end of 2021 or earlier. Appreciates the completion of the first round of the draft text of the single consultation of the guidelines, welcomes the launch of the second round of review, and supports the development of practical cooperation at sea, including the protection of the marine environment, to turn the South China Sea into a sea of peace, stability and prosperity.
26. The two sides will strengthen coordination and cooperation in multilateral mechanisms such as the United Nations, APEC and ASEM, safeguard the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations, and jointly safeguard the interests of developing countries.
27. The two sides agreed to join hands to meet the challenges of rising protectionism and unilateralism around the world and to jointly safeguard the rules-based multilateral trading system. We will promote economic globalization in the direction of openness, inclusiveness, inclusiveness, balance and win-win results. The two sides welcome the conclusion of the negotiations on the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement by the parties concerned as a whole and the joint resolution of the remaining issues with a view to signing the agreement next year.
28. Prime Minister Li Keqiang thanked the Government of the Kingdom of Thailand for its warm reception and welcomed Prime Minister Prayuth to pay an official visit to China at the convenience of both sides. Prime Minister Prayuth expressed his thanks and accepted the invitation.
(Xinhua News Agency, Bangkok, November 5th)