8 departments issued documents to promote the construction of smoke-free primary and secondary schools
A few days ago, The State Health and Health Commission, the propaganda Department of the CPC Central Committee, the Ministry of Education, the General Administration of Market Supervision, the State Administration of Radio, Film and Television, the State Tobacco Bureau, the Central Committee of the Communist Youth League, Eight departments, including the all-China Women's Federation, jointly issued the notice on further strengthening the work of Tobacco Control among teenagers (click on "read the original text" in the lower left corner). All localities and departments are required to perform their duties, give full play to their advantages, strengthen communication and cooperation, give priority to prevention, move forward at checkpoints, and work together to promote tobacco control among young people.
What else is important in the notice? Watch with the Education Xiao Wei
What is the harm of tobacco smoke to the health of teenagers?
Tobacco smoke is very harmful to the health of teenagers. Smoking among adolescents can cause serious harm to many systems, especially the respiratory and cardiovascular systems. Nicotine in tobacco is toxic to the nerves of the brain, resulting in memory loss, mental retardation, and so on. Nicotine is so addictive that once you become addicted to smoking, it is difficult to quit. The earlier you start smoking, the greater the amount of smoking in adulthood, and the more harmful tobacco will be to their health.
How to grasp the youth tobacco control work?
(1) to strengthen the publicity and guidance of tobacco control among young people. It is necessary to scientifically guide young people to establish a good concept of health, firmly establish the concept of "they are the first responsible person for health," advocate young people to "refuse the first cigarette," and become a new generation of "non-smoking, I am healthy, and I am fashionable." It is necessary to step up publicity on tobacco control among young people, make full use of thematic activities such as Patriotic Health month and World No Tobacco Day, and carry out various forms of publicity on tobacco control in ways that young people can understand and accept, and widely publicize the dangers of tobacco smoke. Promote the formation of a smoke-free environment for teenagers. It is necessary to give full play to the role of the main channel of school education, incorporate tobacco hazards and secondhand smoke hazards into the health education curriculum for primary and secondary school students, and speed up the cultivation of smoke-free culture among young people. It is necessary to actively mobilize young people to join the tobacco control team and actively play the role of young volunteers in order to protect their own health. (led by the National Health and Health Commission, with the cooperation of the Central propaganda Department, the Ministry of Education, the Central Committee of the Communist Youth League and the all-China Women's Federation)
(2) to strictly investigate and deal with the illegal sale of tobacco products to minors. A tobacco monopoly retailer shall set up a mark in a prominent position not to sell tobacco products to minors, shall not sell tobacco products to minors, and shall require them to show their identity documents if it is difficult to determine whether they have reached adulthood or not. Physical merchants without tobacco monopoly retail licenses are not allowed to sell tobacco monopolies, or even illegal tobacco monopolies with fancy personality packages such as "tea smoke". No citizen, legal person or other organization may retail tobacco monopoly goods through the information network, such as online shopping platform, takeout platform, social platform, etc. All localities should earnestly strengthen the supervision of the tobacco sales market, supervise and investigate illegal tobacco sales, and ensure that businesses do not sell cigarettes to minors and that minors cannot buy cigarettes. (the State Tobacco Administration and the General Administration of Market Supervision are responsible respectively)
(3) to step up efforts to crack down on illegal tobacco advertising. Teenagers are easily seduced by tobacco advertisements and try to smoke. No organization or individual may publish tobacco advertisements in the mass media or in public places, public transport or outdoors, or use the Internet to publish tobacco advertisements, or send any form of tobacco advertisements to minors. All localities should further step up efforts to crack down on illegal tobacco advertising. (the State Administration of Market Supervision and Administration and the State Tobacco Administration are responsible for each of them)
(4) to strengthen the censorship of smoking scenes in film and television works. Teenagers are easy to blindly chase stars, and the star smoking scenes in film and television works are easy to mislead teenagers to emulate. It is necessary to strengthen the pre-broadcast censorship of films and TV dramas, strictly control smoking scenes in films and TV dramas that have nothing to do with the plot or portray of characters, try to cut down on smoking in public places, and refrain from smoking by minors. Films and TV dramas with excessive display of smoking scenes shall not be included in the evaluation activities of all kinds of films and TV dramas. Tobacco lenses should be regarded as an important evaluation index for recommending excellent films to primary and middle school students, and those who over-display smoking scenes shall not be included in the recommended catalogue of film and television dramas. (the Central propaganda Department and the State Administration of Radio, Film and Television are responsible for each of them)
(5) to carry out publicity and standardized management of e-cigarette hazards in an all-round way. In recent years, the utilization rate of e-cigarette in China shows an obvious upward trend among teenagers. The composition of e-cigarette liquid and the secondhand smoke (including aerosol) produced by it are unsafe, and there is no conclusive evidence that e-cigarette can help quit smoking effectively. All localities should take the initiative to strengthen publicity and education on the hazards of e-cigarettes, refrain from publicizing and promoting e-cigarettes as a way to quit smoking, and encourage young people to stay away from e-cigarettes. In the local legislation, amendment and law enforcement of tobacco control, it is necessary to actively promote the prohibition of smoking electronic cigarettes in public places. It is necessary to combine special actions such as comprehensive management around primary and secondary schools to warn all kinds of market entities not to sell e-cigarettes to minors, especially through the Internet, so as to effectively prevent teenagers from getting lost in e-cigarettes. (led by the State Tobacco Bureau, the General Administration of Market Supervision, the State Health and Health Commission, with the cooperation of the Central propaganda Department, the Ministry of Education, the Central Committee of the Communist Youth League and the all-China Women's Federation)
(6) to make every effort to promote the construction of smoke-free primary and secondary schools. The construction of smoke-free schools and a fresh smoke-free campus environment for children is very important for the physical and mental health of young people. To strengthen the construction of smoke-free schools, no one is allowed to smoke in no-smoking areas on campuses and other places where minors are concentrated in activities, and seriously investigate and deal with illegal sales of tobacco products on and around primary and secondary school campuses. Schools should strengthen management, set up no-smoking signs and reporting phones in prominent locations on campus, and strengthen the management of daily inspection. Strengthen the health publicity and education on the hazards of smoking to promote students to develop good smoke-free behavior habits. (led by the Ministry of Education, with the cooperation of the State Health and Health Commission, the General Administration of Market Supervision and the State Tobacco Administration)
How to establish and perfect the long-term mechanism of tobacco control among teenagers?
Health, publicity, League Committee, Women's Federation and other departments should strengthen publicity and education on tobacco hazards, especially e-cigarette hazards, guide young people to be the first responsible persons for their own health, and take the initiative to stay away from tobacco hazards.
The education department should strengthen the construction of smoke-free primary and secondary schools and strengthen the smoke-free environment on campus. To investigate and clean up commercial activities such as selling cigarettes in supermarkets or commissaries in primary and secondary schools, issuing tobacco advertisements or disguised tobacco advertisements, naming schools after tobacco brands or tobacco companies, and organizing students to participate in tobacco promotion, Movies and TV dramas with excessive display of smoking should not be recommended to students.
Market regulators should comprehensively clean up tobacco advertising and disguised tobacco advertising, seriously investigate and deal with the illegal sale of tobacco products by entity merchants without tobacco monopoly retail licenses, and severely crack down on online sales of tobacco products.
The administrative department in charge of tobacco monopoly shall strengthen supervision over the tobacco industry, conscientiously investigate and deal with such problems as the illegal sale of tobacco monopoly products, the issuance of tobacco monopoly retail licenses, the issuance of tobacco advertisements, and the sale of tobacco to minors.
The department in charge of movies and TV dramas should increase the censorship of smoking scenes of movies and TV dramas, strictly control smoking scenes of movies and TV dramas, and minimize the impact of smoking scenes of film and television stars on teenagers. Films and TV dramas with excessive display of smoking scenes shall not be included in all kinds of excellence evaluation activities.